There is one food that I could never get sick of—year round—and that, my friends, is zucchini bread.
I will forever crave that moist, dense, sweet, + delicious loaf, fresh out of the oven.
I recently had a zucchini in my refrigerator while planning my to-go breakfast for the next morning and this recipe was the result. Who knew oats + zucchini could be so good?
Whip out the grater + cinnamon—we’re making Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats!
When my friends ask me for weekday breakfast ideas, I always tell them about the wonder of overnight oats. This easy, healthy breakfast is the ultimate grab-and-go. I’ve shared easy overnight oats recipes before—like my banana bread overnight oats. Today we are taking it up a notch, adding some veggies, + making a batch big enough to share (or last a couple days).
The zucchini in this recipe—just like in a classic zucchini bread—is flavorless, and adds extra moisture. Bananas make the mixture super creamy, chia seeds make it sticky, walnuts add the crunch, and chopped dates keep it just a bit sweet. Add the classic warm spices and you’ve got yourself zucchini bread in a bowl!
I hope this easy breakfast becomes a favorite of yours! My zucchini bread overnight oats are:
Thick + Creamy
Sticky with a Crunch
& so Easy to Whip Up!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used almond milk
- 1 cup oats regular or old fashioned—do not use quick oats (ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters)
- 1/2 cup zucchini finally grated
- 1 large ripe banana thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 dates roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Extra milk
- Nut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until well combined, cover, and transfer to refrigerated.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Mixture will become thick and sticky.
- Remove oats from refrigerated and gently stir with a large spoon. Serve cold with optional toppings. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.