If you know me, you probably know one thing I just can’t get enough of is pesto.
This green, flavorful, green paste is versatile and delicious in recipes year round. So here we have it… my latest pesto obsession: vegan carrot top pesto.Jump to Recipe
This pesto recipe is the zero-waste solution to your big bunches of carrots. We’re using those vibrant, leafy-green, carrot tops to make this delicious (and super simple) pesto today!
The base for this vegan pesto recipe starts with a mixture of carrot tops and parsley. We add nutritional yeast for cheesy-ness, and cashews for creaminess and and nutty flavor. As always, pesto wouldn’t be complete without lots of garlic and rich olive oil.
We throw everything in a food processor — then blend and scape until we’ve reached a vibrant green, smooth paste!
With just 8 ingredients and 7 minutes, you can have this delicious vegan carrot top pesto ready to serve! Toss it in your favorite pasta salad, spread it over pizza or a burger, roast your veggies with it, or include it on a charcuterie board with your favorite crackers!
You guys are going to LOVE this Vegan Carrot Top Pesto! It is:
Earthy & Vibrant
& SO full of flavor!
Serve this Vegan Carrot Top Pesto at your next BBQ, picnic or dinner party — and if you’re looking for more simple recipes to serve with it, try my Gluten Free Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust, Late Summer Sweet Potato Salad, Southwest Sweet Potato Salad, or my Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Comment below, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thelocalsprout! Have a good one, friends!
Vegan Carrot Top Pesto
- ⅔ cup carrot tops rinsed and patted dry
- ⅔ cup parsley rinsed and patted dry
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor*. Blend on high until creamy, scraping sides as needed to ensure evenness.
- Scoop pesto into a small, airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to use — up to 5 days.
- Stir it in your favorite pasta, spread it over pizza or a burger, roast your veggies with it, or include it on a charcuterie board with your favorite crackers.