It’s so close to Christmas friends!
What are your holiday plans? We’ve been so busy around here—traveling, wrapping gifts, and baking cookies, I almost forgot to schedule this post to share with you all!
Speaking of my busy schedule… one thing I’ve been super into these past couple weeks is soup. You guessed it—today I am sharing another soup recipe.
The thing is, soup is so easy to make, so cozy to enjoy + makes great leftovers, that it seems fitting to be sharing a warm, nourishing soup this time of year. Plus, the earthy flavors of this gluten free + vegan recipe really cannot be beat.
Let’s make some Turmeric Lentil Soup!
Turmeric is a spice I’ve really been loving the past couple months. Not only is the color super vibrant, but it has incredible benefits for digestion and helps fight inflammation (which we all could use a little of this time of year in my opinion).
Plus, turrmeric’s rustic flavor pairs perfectly with the hearty lentils + earthy carrots in this recipe.
Simply roast the carrots, cook up some lentils, throw it all in a blender, and you’ve got yourself an incredibly flavorful soup for this winter season.
To make this dish a little extra, I added a delicious topping of sautéed beans + herbs. Obviously this is not necessary, but I promise—serving vibrant turmeric soup with a little topping will look effortlessly decadent + impress all your friends!
I hope you love this turmeric lentil soup as much as I do! It is:
Warm + Cozy
Thick + Creamy
& made with Simple Ingredients!
If you enjoy this cozy soup recipe you might also like my creamy pumpkin soup with stewed apples, creamy broccoli “cheddar” soup, thai peanut soup with kale, southwest 3-bean chili, or cozy winter chowder.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 6 large carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ Tbsp. herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup red lentils
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil (or sub melted coconut oil)
- 1 can (15-ounce) butter beans
- ½ Tbsp. herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange carrots and garlic cloves on baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are dark on the edges and soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Once carrots are cooked, add to blender or food processor along with cooked lentils, coconut milk, turmeric, and 1 cumin. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, adding extra coconut milk to thin if needed.
- Pour pureed soup into a pot and heat until warm.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the beans, herbs de Provence, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until beans are they are lightly browned and very fragrant.
- Serve over hot soup. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.