On warm days when I don’t feel like cooking, chickpea salad is my go-to.
Turmeric is one of those ingredients that always takes my meals to the next level, and that is definitely the case with this salad. It turns the chickpeas a vibrant orange and adds an anti-inflammatory element to the mix.
All the goods.
Say hello to your new summer lunch go-to my friends. Today we are making Turmeric Chickpea Salad!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make—with only 9 ingredients + 15 minutes–but tastes effortlessly elevated. This chickpea salad is packed with protein and lots of healthy fat to keep you satisfied.
I love making sandwiches with this mixture for my vegan friends who’ve written of a classic tuna salad and are happy to have a delicious alternative. Even my non-vegan friends love this recipe its real-food ingredients.
You guys are going to love this easy recipe! My Turmeric Chickpea Salad is:
Vibrant + Colorful
Healthy + Satisfying
& the Perfect Summer Lunch
If you love these vegan sandwiches, you might also like my roasted veg + avocado sandwiches, chickpea salad sandwich (my classic recipe), cauliflower everything bagels, or my vegan mexican jackfruit bowls.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Turmeric Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/8 cup vegan mayo or sub regular mayo if not vegan
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 large stalk celery thinly chopped
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch salt + pepper to taste
For serving (optional):
- 4 slices bread certified gf in necessary
- leafy green lettuce
- avocado sliced
- white wine vinegar + olive oil for drizzling
- chopped fresh herbs — like cilantro or parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, mayo, and lemon juice. Mash well with a fork until mostly creamy—with a few chunks of chickpeas.
- Stir in the celery, carrot, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and garlic powder until evenly combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired, sprinkling salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve over bread with optional toppings if desired. Alternatively, serve over a bed of leafy greens as a protein-packed salad.
- Leftover chickpeas salad will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.