Tofu. The ingredient loved by some + despised by others.
Today, I’m about to change those minds that are not such big-fans.
Let’s get right into it—this is the very recipe that got me loving tofu years ago. It is so flavorful, perfectly textured, and totally approachable. Forever the tofu recipe that all my friends consistency love.
I just can’t believe it’s taken this long to share it.
Let’s make The Best Marinated Tofu!
During the summer, I’m ALL ABOUT fresh herbs. I have my own little herb garden that I love picking from, but the farmer’s market always comes in clutch when I’m out of my own leaves. Naturally, this summer recipe really makes those herbs shine.
Tofu, on it’s own can be kind of bland—thats how most people think of it. This marinated tofu soaks up all those fresh flavors, along with tangy lemon juice and fresh garlic. Serve the finished product as a simple appetizer at your next party or just snack on it throughout the week—classy or casual—you won’t go wrong.
I hope you fall in love with this recipe. The Best Marinated Tofu is:
Perfect for Summer
& SO Delicious!
If you love this plant-based side, you might also like my flax + almond salad, turmeric chickpea salad, sweet potato + sun-dried tomato kale salad, easy avocado + leafy greens salad, or my house salad.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 block, extra firm tofu*
- 2½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Pat the tofu dry with a towel, slice in half, width-wise, and then cut into ½ inch cubes. Transfer cubes into a dish with high rims or a shallow bowl.
- In a small pot, heat the water and salt until nearly boiling. Pour over tofu and let rest fo 1 hour at room temperature.
- While tofu is resting, prepare the marinade. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice olive oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- After tofu has finished soaking, drain the water and add cubes to the marinade. Toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate tofu for 2 hours or overnight (the longer the better!) Serve chilled as-is, top a big salad, or pan-fry to serve with your favorite veggies.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of ¼ of the entire recipe.