Ever laid in bed too long? And wished you’d whipped up overnight oats the night before? Yah—me too.
You know me—I love those overnight oats, but life happens and even I get lazy.
Then one day I discovered muesli—a simple European breakfast porridge served cold and made with oats, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, etc.
It was only a matter of time before I had to create my own, and sure enough it was the solution to my slow mornings.
Say hello to the ultimate lazy morning breakfast. Let’s make The Best Instant Muesli!
The base of this simple breakfast is gluten free quick oats. While I usually prefer rolled oats, quick oats are quick to soak up liquids and create the creamy texture that everyone loves in their bowl. Dried fruit is shelf stable and gives the bowl a delicious, sweet, fruity flavor while the almonds give it a grounding, earthy flavor. I also added chia seeds for extra crunch and protein. Yes—this bowl has it all!
In our kitchen, we always keep a big jar of this instant muesli prepped until ready to whip out on a busy morning. If your feeling extra indulgent (and have an extra minute), top the bowl with some fresh fruit, nut butter or even creamy coconut yogurt. You’ll have a delicious and nutrient-rich bowl ready in no time!
I hope you give this instant breakfast a try! My instant muesli is:
Sweet + Nutty
Creamy + Crunchy
& So Easy to Make!
If you enjoy this easy breakfast bowl, you might also like my zucchini bread overnight oats, raw coconut + cashew buckwheat porridge, chocolate avocado overnight oat parfaits, or my creamy microwave oatmeal.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 2 cup gluten free quick oats
- ½ cup dried apple rings, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup dried blueberries (or sub raisins or other dried berry)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- nut milk (I used pecan milk), coconut yogurt, fresh sliced fruit, nut butter, cinnamon
- For the Muesli:
- In a large, airtight jar or container, combine the oats, apple rings, dried blueberries, almonds, and chia seeds.
- Cover and shake to combine. Store in dry space until ready to use.
- To make breakfast museli, mix ½ cup of prepared muesli with roughly ½ cup nut milk in a small bowl. Let sit for 2 minutes until mixture is soft and creamy.
- Serve with optional toppings and enjoy immediately.