It’s the time of year for all of the cinnamon-spiced, sweet, and cozy snacks.
If you’ve followed my blog for any time, you probably know that I love sweet potatoes in everything—in drinks (like my sweet potato smoothie), in soup (like my southwest chili), or even in dessert (like my sweet potato brownies)!Today sweet potatoes meet fall in a simple, perfectly spiced snack that is sure to become your autumn go-to.
Let’s make Sweet Potato Snack Balls!
My sweet potato snack balls are loaded with all the goods: sweet potato (for all the nutrients), dates (for the natural sweetness), cashew butter (for the healthy fat & protein), cassava flour* (for the gluten free, soft texture), and the spices (because—fall).
Enjoy these balls as an easy road-trip snack, week-night treat, or grab-and-go breakfast. They are simple, coming together in just 20 minutes, contain only 7 ingredients, and whip up in a food processor or blender!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! My sweet potato snack balls are:
& the best fall snack!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
For more recipes like this, check out my pb&j energy bites, mint chocolate cake balls, or my cinnamon chia cookies.
Sweet Potato Snack Balls
- 1/2 large sweet potato steamed and roughly chopped
- 6 large medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup cassava flour*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In a food processor or blender (I recommend using a food processor), combine all ingredients.
- Blend on high until you achieve a doughy texture and large balls begin to form (see picture). Add up to a Tbsp of water if needed to soften dough.
- Roll your dough into balls using about a Tbsp. amount of dough. (If dough is too soft and sticky, refrigerate for 10 minutes—this will help the mixture firm up)
- Store balls in airtight container in refrigerator for a week or in freezer for a month.