When it comes to pasta—in my opinion, the creamier the sauce, the better. Anyone else agree?
Now, pair that creamy sauce with a slightly sweet, vibrant, and perfectly textured “noodle”.
You have this dish.
Simple. Creamy. + Actually super healthy.
Say hello to my Sweet Potato Noodles with Creamy Cashew Sauce!
If you’ve yet to explore the spiralized veggie world, your mind is about to be blown. To be honest, I’ve had some not-so-great spiralized veg attempts, but the sweet potato was not one of them. In fact, sweet potato noodles are incredibly easy to cook + even hold up as leftovers!
Paired with the delicious sweet potato noodle is my take on a vegan Alfredo sauce. It is perfectly rich, thick, cheesy, and creamy—what is not to love?
Soak those cashews, throw the sauce ingredients in the blender, sauté up the sweet potato, toss it all together and you’ve got yourself a hearty, 100% plant-based noodle dish.
I hope you love this creative “pasta” recipe! My Sweet Potato Noodles with Creamy Cashew Sauce is:
Flavorful + Vibrant
Sweet + Salty
Cozy + Filling
& SO Creamy
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 4 cloves garlic (add less if you’re not as big a garlic fan)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean (or peeled) and spiralized
- fresh spinach leaves or kale
- red pepper flakes
- fresh cilantro
- vegan parmesan
- Add cashews to a small bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Soak for 15 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
- To a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, garlic nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, arrowroot powder, and vegetable broth.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping sides if needed.
- Pour sauce into a high-rimmed saucepan or skillet. Stir mixture over medium heat until slightly thickened. Reduce het to low and stir occasionally.
- Add ⅛ cup of water to a large pot over medium heat. Once warm, add the sweet potato noodles. Sauté for 15 minutes or until the noodles are just starting to feel soft, but are not mushy or falling apart. Drain any access water and set aside.
- Add cooked noodles to the prepared cashew sauce over low heat. Stir until noodles are evenly coated.
- Turn heat off and, if using spinach of kale gently fold in. Serve immediately with optional toppings.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.