When I think “decadent” the first word that comes to mind is a big slice of fudge.
Creamy. Chocolate-y. Rich. + Extra Sticky.
Anyone else love a good slice on occasion?
Since I generally skip out on the dairy these days, it’s been a minute since fudge has entered my kitchen. So today I got creative and gave some totally dairy-free, refined sugar free, and completely raw fudge a try.
The result?… well you’ll have to try it for yourself. Let’s make some Superfood Fudge!
This raw vegan treat starts with the same ingredients most vegan treats start with: raw cashews, dates, and coconut oil. You just can’t go wrong. We take it to the next level though—turning those dates into a creamy nut butter, throwing in some rich cacao, and stepping up the flavors with goji berries.
Now all these “superfoods” might sound a little extra—and they totally are. But friends, a fun, healthy dessert is totally worth it. So hit up those bulk bins at Whole Foods and #treatyoself to a few slices of this fudge—your partner/roommate will also thank you.
I hope your kitchen experiences the wonders of this healthy treat! My Superfood Fudge is:
Healthy + Decadent
& Loaded with Superfoods
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup packed medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup goji berries
- 3 Tbsp. white chia seeds (or sub black chia seeds)
- Line a small baking pan (I used an 8x10” pan) with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the raw cashews on high until a nut-butter forms, scanning sides as needed. (This can take up to 5 minutes).
- Add in the coconut oil, cacao, vanilla, and sea salt. Blend again until creamy. Add the dates, goji berries, and chia seeds. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and pat down until even and smooth. Freeze for about 20 minutes, or until fudge is firm.
- Slice into small pieces and enjoy chilled. Store leftovers in the freezer in airtight container for up to 2 months.