Everyone loves a good dip and this recipe combines two of my personal favorites.
Here’s how this recipe came to be… I’m a sucker for holiday-themed recipes—regardless of how important the holiday really is.
Thus, Saint Patricks Day—which I celebrated for the last time with a card-stock leprechaun hat in the 2nd grade—deserved a green recipe on the blog.
What is green? Spinach and avocado came to mind first. The blog hasn’t seen a dip in a while—so instead of choosing between a luscious guac or a creamy spinach + artichoke dip, I decided to combine the two. The results were magical.
Say hello to the the most delicious super green spinach + artichoke dip!
This recipe starts with an extra garlicky avocado base—almost like a whipped guac. It is creamy, flavorful, and perfectly tangy from a splash of lemon juice. Next we add in some artichoke and spinach—which add extra color, texture, and earthy flavor.
And that is it! In less than 5 minutes you can have this delicious dip on your table. I love serving it at parties with chips, gluten free crackers, and lots of sliced fresh veggies. For all the dip-lovers out there, this one combines the beloved guac + the classic spinach and artichoke dip perfectly—and is not a dip to miss.
I hope you love this Super Green Spinach + Artichoke Dip! It is:
Creamy + Chunky
Garlicky + Tangy
Ready for any party
& So Delicious
For more delicious appetizer recipes for your next party, try my gluten free chickpea flour pizza crust, sweet potato wedges with honey mustard dipping sauce, or my easy cashew queso.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 2 small avocados, pitted and insides scooped out
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + extra for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ cup artichoke in brine, drained
- 1½ cup spinach, packed
- chips, crackers, sliced fresh veggies
- In a blender or food processor combine the avocado, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until a smooth and creamy mixture forms, scraping sides as needed.
- Add the artichoke and spinach. Pulse until mixture is combined and only small chunks remain (see picture), again, scraping sides as needed.
- Scoop dip out of blender using a rubber spatula into a medium-sized serving bowl. Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours until ready to serve.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days, though best enjoyed fresh.