Strawberry Shortcake Breakfast Bowl
- overnight oats:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats ensure certified gf for gf eaters
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup plant based milk cashew milk
- strawberry cream:
- 1/2 banana frozen (or sub steamed then frozen white sweet potato)
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries or frozen
- 1/8 cup plant-based milk I used cashew milk
- toppings optional:
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. hemp seed
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Night before:
- Combine oats, chia seeds, banana, 1 cup milk and vanilla (if using) in a bowl. Mash well with a fork until completely combined. Cover and let mixture soak in refrigerator for at least 4 hours—preferably overnight.[br]
- In the morning:
- Place banana, strawberries and 1/8 cup milk in blender. Blend on high until desired texture is reached. (I enjoyed mine just smooth with a few small chunks of strawberries.) Add extra liquid as needed.
- Divide the strawberry cream between two bowls.
- Remove soaked overnight oats from refrigerator and divide between the bowls.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will keep in refrigerator in airtight for up to 2 days.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: