Nothing quite reminds me of summer like strawberry shortcake. I love the rich, sweet, flavor of fresh strawberries paired with vanilla shortcake. This vibrant flavor combination inspired me to create a breakfast bowl using healthy and nutrient-dense ingredients. Lets make a strawberry shortcake in a bowl for breakfast!
I find myself enjoying overnight oats most days of the week for breakfast. The unique texture of raw oats, mashed banana and soaked chia seeds make a delicious and healthy breakfast.
My strawberry shortcake breakfast bowl takes basic overnight oats to the next level, while still requiring very little extra prep. Simply soak the oats the night before, whip up the strawberry cream in the morning, scoop into bowls and sprinkle with your favorite toppings.
With less than a dozen ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have this delicious breakfast bowl on your table this week—and enjoy strawberry shortcake first thing in the morning!
This cold strawberry shortcake breakfast bowl is the perfect start for all your hot summer days. It is naturally sweetened, protein-packed (11.5g per serving!) and incredibly easy to make.
Give this recipe a try and be sure to leave me a comment below letting me know what you think!
Strawberry Shortcake Breakfast Bowl
This strawberry shortcake breakfast bowl has less than a dozen ingredients, requires only a few simple steps and is the perfect start for all your hot summer days!
Author: The Local Sprout
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan
- ¾ cup rolled oats (ensure certified gf for gf eaters)
- 1½ Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup plant based milk (I used cashew milk)
- ½ banana, frozen (or sub steamed then frozen white sweet potato)
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries (or frozen)
- ⅛ cup plant-based milk (I used cashew milk)
- Combine oats, chia seeds, banana, 1 cup milk and vanilla (if using) in a bowl. Mash well with a fork until completely combined. Cover and let mixture soak in refrigerator for at least 4 hours—preferably overnight.
In the morning:
- Place banana, strawberries and ⅛ cup milk in blender. Blend on high until desired texture is reached. (I enjoyed mine just smooth with a few small chunks of strawberries.) Add extra liquid as needed.
- Divide the strawberry cream between two bowls.
- Remove soaked overnight oats from refrigerator and divide between the bowls.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will keep in refrigerator in airtight for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Information is a rough estimate of 1 out of 2 bowls with toppings
Serving size: ½ the recipe Calories: 414 Fat: 10.9g Saturated fat: 1.3g Unsaturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 69.1g Sugar: 15.9g Sodium: 2mg Fiber: 12.3g Protein: 11.5g Cholesterol: 0mg
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: