Some hot summer mornings just call for a thick, creamy shake paired with a fluffy breakfast cookie & big cup of coffee. Who is with me?
While strawberries are in season, you bet I stock up on them and find ways to use them in all of my favorite recipes. This recipe is my healthy take on everyone’s favorite summer milk shake.
Strawberries + coconut = this amazing, decadent and energizing drink. With only 5 nutritious ingredients, and less than 5 minutes, you can have this shake with your breakfast this morning!
Let’s make a strawberry coconut shake!
Coconut milk makes the perfect creamy and rich base for this shake. Strawberries give it a refreshing flavor and vibrant color. Banana keeps the smoothie extra thick. Lemon juice and honey make a tangy and sweet addition to put this smoothie over the top.
I can’t wait to hear what you all think of my strawberry coconut shake. It is:
& Incredibly simple to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened from a carton
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey (or sub maple syrup for vegan)
- Place all ingredients in blender*. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping the edges halfway through to ensure evenness.
- Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula, sprinkle with toppings if desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of entire recipe without toppings