Granola is my catch-all for meals that need just a little something extra.
Smoothie bowls need a crunch—granola.
Fruit salad need some nuts and seeds—granola.
I need a snack—granola.
Granola has a reputation of being sweet though, and not ideal for many Buddha bowls, soups, or savory salads. I’m about to change that.
Say hello to the most versatile savory thyme granola!
This easy savory recipe is about to change the way you think of granola + expand its use in your kitchen. We start out with the most basic smoothie ingredients—oats, nuts, and seeds. Then we mix things up. This granola has the perfectly savory flavor of thyme, spicy red pepper, and gets extra crispy with a beaten egg.
If you’re doubtful, give this recipe a try. In just 35 minutes, you can have this granola on your table, ready to top your favorite Buddha bowl, creamy soup, or transform a simple salad into a spice + texture-filled meal.
I hope this savory thyme granola becomes a staple on your table! It is:
Full of Granola Chunks
& Read for any meal!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Savory Thyme Granola
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes use more or less to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, thyme, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, and egg until creamy.
- And the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until granola is evenly coated and sticky.
- Evenly spread granola across the lined baking sheet to form a very thin layer. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, toss granola, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until granola is golden and crispy.
- Enjoy fresh with your favorite savoy meal. Leftovers will keep on counter in airtight container for up to 3 days or refrigerated in airtight container for up to a week.