Roasted veg sandwiches are seriously underrated.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the raw, crisp veggies, but roasting turns a simple sandwich into an effortless, gourmet meal.
Believe me friends, this simple recipe is about to up your sandwich game.
Let’s make Roasted Veg + Avocado Sandwiches!
These sandwiches start with roasted peppers and zucchini. The peppers soften slightly in the oven, and the roasted zucchini adds an earthy flavor—ready to pair with creamy avocado. Finally, since this sandwich is entirely plant-based, we spread a thick layer of hummus for extra protein.
I love making these sandwiches as an easy mid-week lunch or side for soup. Finally, if you’re looking to impress your friends with a fun, new sandwich, this recipe is for you!
You’re going to LOVE these Roasted Veg + Avocado Sandwiches. They are:
Flavorful + Vibrant
Crispy + Soft
& Effortlessly gourmet
These sandwiches would taste great with my healthy tomato soup, easy avocado and leafy greens salad, creamy broccoli “cheddar” soup, my house salad, or my sweet potato and sun dried tomato salad.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Roasted Veg + Avocado Sandwiches
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into wide, thin strips
- 1 small zucchini sliced into wide, thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 4 slices bread GF if necessary
- 2 Tbsp. plain hummus
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- fresh lettuce optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bell pepper and zucchini slices across the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and make for another 20—or until edges are dark and crisp. Remove veggies from oven and set aside.
- While veggies roast, toast bread in toaster or on skillet. Once toasted, spread 2 slices of bread with 1 Tbsp. of hummus each. On the two remaining pieces, mash avocado.
- Divide roasted veggies between the two sandwiches and top with lettuce if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will not keep well, so if leftovers must be kept, store veggies, hummus, and avocado separate from bread, refrigerated in airtight container for up to two days.
The Local Sprout