You know you’re in summer mode when your fridge is stocked with fresh veggies from the farmers market and you can’t have enough picnics under the sun, in the park, with your friends.
Let me introduce you to my new favorite picnic lunch. It’s super green, it’s vibrant, it’s flavorful, and it’s ready to be packed for you next summer outing. Sound amazing? Say hello to my Roasted Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad!
Not only is this recipe absolutely delicious, but it is gluten free, vegan, and comes together in just 25 minutes with 6 ingredients!
This is a recipe you’re going to want to save!
This recipe starts by roasting broccoli until it’s perfectly browned, and slightly crisp on the edges. While that happens, we cook the pasta. I used my favorite Banza chickpea pasta to keep it gluten free. I find that Banza’s pastas cook reliably and ALWAYS have the perfect texture and slightly earthy flavor.
Next we toss that roasted broccoli, cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, my carrot-top pesto (you can also use your favorite pesto), and red pepper flakes — for a spicy kick. The result? A a flavor-packed, multi-textured pasta, ready for picnics, travel lunches, potlucks, or the perfect every-day summer meal. *Swoon* If you’re like me, you won’t be able to get enough of this recipe.
I know you’re going to LOVE my Roasted Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad! It is:
Easy + fast
Packed with veggies
Travel-ready + versatile
& PERFECT for summer
Serve this Roasted Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad at your next BBQ, picnic or potluck — and if you’re looking for more simple recipes to serve with it, try my Southwest Sweet Potato Salad, House Salad, Sweet Potato Wedges with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, or my Easy Cashew Queso!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Comment below, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thelocalsprout! Have a good one, friends!
Roasted Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad
- 2 small heads broccoli chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Big pinch each sea salt & black pepper
- 1 ½ cup dry gluten free pasta (I used banza rotini)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato roughly chopped
- 1 batch carrot top pesto
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped parsley (for serving, optional)
- ½ fresh lemon (for serving, optional)
- Preheat oven to 415°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chopped broccoli and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While broccoli roast, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add roasted broccoli, cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Gently toss with with carrot top pesto until pasta is evenly coated.
- Top salad with chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon if desired.
- Enjoy salad immediately (at room temperature) or refrigerate up to 3 days in airtight container (and enjoy chilled).