I eat overnight oats every single week day morning. As much as I love big, fun, unique breakfasts, I don’t have time to cook before I leave for the office to work every morning. I wake up most mornings around 5:00 and workout, go on a run, or lift. I then get ready for the day, get my coffee going in the french press and by the time that is done, it is time for me to head out the door. By the time I get to work, I am starving.
Thus, overnight oats have become a staple in my life. This basic recipe came into my life while I was in college (back when I struggled to roll out of bed for my 8ams). Back then, the oats were usually only mixed with a sliced bananas and nut milk. Since then, they have evolved. They also change from day to day – because, lets be honest, oats by themselves are not something we want to eat every day. This recipe turns those plain grains into a decadent, filling, and healthy breakfast alternative that wastes non of your precious time in the morning. These overnight oats are sure to change up your morning eating and help you get all the fuel you need to get through your day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it shouldn’t be hardship to make it awesome. Feel free to mix up the ingredients (as you probably know, I love my pumpkin…) and share with me all your combinations!
- 1/2 cup [url href=”https://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-thick-rolled-oats.html” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]old fashioned oats[/url]
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purre
- 1/2 banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://malkorganics.com” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]nut milk[/url]
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp [url href=”https://wildfriendsfoods.com/collections/all/products/classic-creamy-almond-butter” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]almond butter[/url]
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Mix and mash all ingredients in a quart-sized mason jar (a fork works well to mash the banana and combine the sticky almond butter). Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours). Enjoy warm (microwaved for 1-2 minutes) or cold.