It’s the time of year for all things pumpkin + today pumpkin is meeting my favorite breakfast.
If you know me, you know I start most mornings off with a big cup of overnight oats. They’re a delicious, healthy meal to start the day with—that requires 0 effort in the morning.
Pumpkin puree adds a creamy, naturally sweet, and nutrient-rich addition to this breakfast. Combined with hemp + chia seeds for extra protein, this is the best fuel to start fall days with.
Prep them the night before a busy morning, pack them for breakfast on the road, and carry them to the trailhead for pre-hike fuel.
I know you guys are going to love these overnight oats + can’t wait to hear how they make your mornings better!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup rolled oats ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 5 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup nut milk I used almond milk
Toppings (optional): almond butter, shredded coconut, dried fruit
- In a large, airtight container, combine all of the overnight oats ingredients. Mash with a fork until banana is creamy.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours—preferably overnight.
- Stir well and enjoy oats chilled. Serve with toppings.
- Leftovers will keep for up to 2 days refrigerated in airtight container.