My Post-Workout Protein Smoothie
This Is More Than A Recipe Post
What Happens To Your Body After You Work Out?
Let’s Talk About Those “Proper Nutrients”
So…Should You Be Drinking Protein Smoothies/Shakes After You Work Out?
Listen To Your Body
Did You Know…?
So, Let Me Tell You About My Post-Workout Smoothie
- 1/2 banana, frozen – [i]the ultimate recovery food. Bananas are super high in potassium and fiber.[/i]
- 1/2 small sweet potato steamed* and frozen (or sub more banana) -[i] sweet potatoes are a healthy source of carbs and awesome source of vitamin A [/i]
- 1/2-2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk (more if you plan on drinking your smoothie, less if you plan on eating it with a spoon)- [i]I use almond milk which is higher in protein than other milk sources. Dairy milk does not digest well for me, but feel free to sub with your desired milk choice.[/i]
- 2 Tbsp. [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/Plantation-PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter/dp/B00H8YGOMO/ref=pd_sim_325_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00H8YGOMO&pd_rd_r=8B9CPVXVTE4JCNWC837C&pd_rd_w=1Q55D&pd_rd_wg=zDGKG&refRID=8B9CPVXVTE4JCNWC837C&th=1″]PB2[/url]* or 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter – [i]another great source of protein[/i]
- Big handful of spinach – [i]Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrients including vitamin K, folate, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B[/i]
- 1 Tbsp. [url href=”https://www.vitalproteins.com/products/collagen-peptides”]collagen peptides[/url] (optional)** – [i]for extra protein[/i]
- Toppings (optional):
- 1 Tbsp. [url href=”https://manitobaharvest.com”]hemp seeds[/url] (optional) – [i]hemp seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids as well as omega-6 fatty acids, both nutrients that will keep your body energized throughout the rest of the day[/i]
- 1 Tbsp. [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/chia-seeds”]chia seeds[/url]- [i]chia is high in omega-3 fatty acids, healthy carbs and protein[/i]
- 1 Tbsp: [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/flax-seed”]ground flaxseed[/url]- [i]high in fiber and protein, make sure to purchase the ground flaxseed as opposed to the seeds as the nutrients are more bio-available[/i]
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping the edges halfway through to ensure evenness.**
- Pour into bowl, sprinkle with toppings if desired and serve immediately.