Travel to me means two things: 1. comfy clothes & 2. lots of snacks. Anyone with me?
This recipe has been my go-to for road trips, hikes, and airplane snacks. Think chewy granola bar + soft cookie + PB&J.
If you’re looking for a new travel snack, this recipe is for you. My bites are gluten free, vegan, have only 7 ingredients and whip up in under 20 minutes!
Let’s make PB&J Energy Bites
If you haven’t heard, Mark and I have some big news—we’re moving across the country! As we plan our 24 hour drive, I am on food duty—planning meals and all the snacks. My PB&J bites are definitely on the menu. With lots of protein and healthy fat, these balls are the perfect snack to keep you going on long, busy days.
This recipe is naturally sweetened (from the dates), soft (from the oats), creamy (with the peanut butter), fruity (with the dried blueberries), and hearty (with the flax and chia)! These simple and healthy snacks travel well and last for months if you don’t eat them all. They also make great snacks or treats for kids lunches.
Ditch the sugar-packed, artificially flavored granola bars and give my PB&J energy bites a try!
I hope you love these PB&J energy bites as much as I do! They are:
& so delicious!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
PB&J Energy Bites
- In a food processor or blender, pulse dates until a large, sticky ball forms.
- Add in oats, peanut butter, dried blueberries, flax, chia seeds, and milk.
- Blend until mixture is sticky and starts to for a ball (see picture). If mixture is too dry, and an extra splash of milk and blend again.
- Roll dough into balls using 1 Tbsp. amount (This should make about 20). Lay balls on cookie sheet and place in freezer.
- Freeze for 10 minutes, or until firm. Enjoy immediately or transfer to airtight container. Store in freezer until ready to enjoy—up to 3 months.