I’m all about those recipes that you prep at the beginning of the week and then eat throughout the week.
If you’re like me, you get started on a project and suddenly noon rolls around, you haven’t thought about lunch, and you’re absolutely starving. This recipe is the solution to that issue.
If you’re a fan of thai flavors, crunchy veggies, and a delicious dressings, this is the salad for you—plus the quinoa add a healthy, filling protein to keep you moving.
A few things I love about this recipe:
- Like I mentioned—this recipe is amazing to prep at the beginning of the week for simple lunches on-the-go.
- This salad gets better with age—I’m not kidding. The flavors in the dressing and herbs really are soaked up by the crunchy veggies + quinoa—making the most incredible bowl by day number 5.
- This recipe is made in 1 bowl! No need to make a huge mess in your kitchen with this thai auinoa salad!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
If you love this hearty salad you might also love my sweet potato + sun-dried tomato kale salad, late summer sweet potato salad, late summer salad with tahini dressing, or my green goddess buddha bowls.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2½ cups grated carrots (about 3-4 large carrots)
- 2½ cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced (about ½ a small head of cabbage)
- ½ cup herbs (use a mix or basil, cilantro, mint, and/or parsley)
- ⅔ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, whole or chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (sub tamari, or coconut aminos)
- 2 Tbsp. honey (sub maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cook.
- In a large storage container, whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- To the bowl, add cooked quinoa, carrots, purple cabbage, herbs, and green onion. Stir gently until combined and coated with dressing.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, uncover and serve with peanuts sprinkled on top.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days.