I go through phases with my ingredients. Sometimes I’m obsessed with pineapple, sometimes I’m into cinnamon. Currently, I’m all about Nutella.
Since creating my own, healthy Nutella recipe I’ve been spreading it over everything—and eating it by the spoonful.
Now we’re taking the Nutella flavors a step further, combining hazelnuts with acai, and creating a decadent + delicious bowl.
Let’s make a Nutella Acai Smoothie Bowl!
The base of this recipe is acai, white sweet potato, and banana. These ingredients create the most creamy, fruity and earthy base. Combine that with rich cacao powder, hazelnuts, and vanilla, you have the perfect, decadent yet healthy bowl.
This acai bowl is the perfect summer treat. It is naturally sweet, loaded with antioxidants, and just a bit chocolate-y. Whip it up for a delicious breakfast, afternoon snack, or split it into smaller bowls for an evening treat with friends.
I hope you fall in love with this bowl! My Nutella Acai Smoothie Bowl is:
Rich + Chocolate-y
Fruity + Earthy
& SO decadent
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 acai package, broken into small pieces
- ⅔ cup white sweet potato, steamed and frozen
- ½ very ripe banana, frozen into chunks
- 1 heaping Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 hazelnuts
- ½-1 cup plant-based milk, I used almond milk
- In a blender combine all smoothie ingredients, starting with ½ cup of milk. Blend on high until smooth, thick, and creamy, adding more milk as needed.
- Scoop smoothie into bowl. Top with optional toppings and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of the entire recipe without toppings.