I believe every home needs a go-to salad. One that is classy, super basic, with flavors that everyone is familiar with.
Today I am sharing the dish that I make as a side for guests at dinner parties—or what I whip up for myself when I just want something easy.
This salad is loaded with fresh, crisp veggies, soft avocado, and a tangy + creamy dressing.
It may be simple, but this salad is the real deal.
Today I present to you: My House Salad.
I am a salad lover—give me a huge bowl of greens with all the toppings and I am happy. But some nights I just want something light to accompany our pasta entrée. This salad is just that. It is versatile in flavor—so it pairs great with just about any main dish.
I am also a lover of homemade salad dressing. Honestly, once you start making your own, there is no going back. Fortuently, this salad dressing requires just a handful of simple ingredients, a bowl and a hand ready to stir. No mess + no time wasted.
Don’t discount a simple salad—this salad could become your new favorite go-to.
I hope my house salad inspires you to create your own! It is:
Fresh + Crisp
Versatile in Flavor
Colorful + Familier
Quick to Whip-Up
& ready for any dinner!
If you enjoy this salad, you might also like my roasted acorn squash salad, harvest salad, late summer salad, or my mediterranean quinoa salad.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
My House Salad
- 5 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup carrots diced
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds optional
- 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese optional*
- 4 Tbsp. hummus garlic or plain (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. honey or sub maple syrup *
- big pinch each salt + pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado, and carrots. Sprinkle with optional hemp seeds and grated parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hummus, lemon juice, dill, garlic, honey, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Serve with dressing drizzled over the top. Leftovers will keep best refrigerated separate in airtight containers for up to 2 days.