If you had told me 7 years ago that I’d be eating avocado, mashed over toast, on repeat, I’d have thought you were crazy.
Alas, here we are in the age of “hipster toast”—and I am totally obsessed.
So today I am sharing with you the breakfast that never fails me.
Let’s make my go-to avocado toast!
The best avocado toast starts with a perfectly ripe avocado. When choosing the perfect avocado at the store, pick one that that is just ripe—firm, but slightly soft to touch. Slice to use within 2 days of purchase and store leftovers in airtight container with pit still in—this will help keep the avocado fresh for up to 3 more days.
Second, avocado toast needs a reliable base—so pick your favorite bread and get it perfectly toasty. I promise, the soft avocado mash pairs best with a warm, crispy bread. I used gluten free toast, but you can choose your favorite!
Finally, top your toast off with some cheesy nutritional yeast, nutrient-dense hemp seeds, and spicy red pepper flakes. Yes my friends, this go-to avocado toast is the real deal.
If you give this easy breakfast a try, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
My Go-To Avocado Toast
- 1/2 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 2 slices of your favorite bread I used Canyon Bakehouse GF bread
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds optional
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- Toast your bread in toaster or on stovetop.
- Top with sliced, ripe avocado, using a fork to mash. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast, optional hemp seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy fresh + make many more!
The Local Sprout