I feel like the quinoa trend went from zero to one-hundred in the matter of a week a few years ago. What did we all do before quinoa?
My first memory of qunioa was a big Mediterranean quinoa salad, loaded with fresh veggies, delicious herbs, and a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
After many years of cooking qunioa in all the things, my own version of the Mediterranean qunioa salad is still near and dear to my heart. I can’t wait to share it with you all!
Let’s make a Mediterranean quinoa salad!
This salad is:
If you’re looking for a fresh, hearty, and flavorful salad, this recipe is for you. Pack it in your week day lunch, serve it at your next party, or throw it in your picnic basket for your day at the beach!
With only 11 ingredients and 20 minutes, you can have this delicious salad on your table in no time.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa dry, cooked according to package directions and refrigerated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium sized cucumber sliced into 1/4 inch rounds and quartered
- 1/2 large red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne powder optional- for spicy flavor
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion, oregano, and mint. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, toss, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Leftovers with keep in airtight container, refrigerated for about 3 days.