We’re kicking off the summer with camping trips, hiking adventures, and tropical treats. This weekend we decided to take a trip to the mountains, and naturally—a delicious, energy packed, snack had to come with us.
If you’re an energy-bites lover like I am, say hello to your new favorite summer recipe — my Mango Sunshine Energy Bites!
This super simple recipe is made with 5 ingredients and comes together in just 20 minutes!
Soak your mangos, blend your ingredients, roll your bites and — ta-da! You’re ready for your next summer adventure!
And if you’re wondering if these bites could replace energy bars on your travels? Well, I think so!
Hemp seeds are packed full of plant-based protein, dates and mango are a naturally sweet source for carbs, and walnuts pack even more protein with a punch of healthy fats to keep you full and ready to take on the day!
I hope you take these Mango Energy Bites on all your adventures! They are:
Fueling & Snack-able
Soft & Chewy
& The PERFECT Summer treat!
Prep these mango sunshine energy bites for your next trip — and if you’re looking for more travel-friendly recipes, check out my Kale + Oat Superfood Bars, Chocolate + Coconut Energy Bars, or my Crispy Curried Chickpeas.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Comment below, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thelocalsprout! Have a good one, friends!
Mango Sunshine Energy Bites
- 1 cup dried unsweetened mango firmly packed
- 1 cup walnuts toasted or raw
- 8 whole medjool dates pitted
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds (plus extra for rolling — optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut (plus extra for rolling — optional)
- Add dried mango to a small bowl and cover with very warm water (this will soften your mango so it will be soft enough to blend — so don’t skip this step!). Let soak for 5 minutes, until soft but not soggy. Drain and spread mango out on a towel, patting down excess moisture.
- To a food processor, add the mango, walnuts, dates hemp seeds, and shredded coconut. Mix until a soft dough forms. Add extra hemp seeds or shredded coconut if your dough feels too wet. Add extra dates if it feels too dry.
- Scoop out dough — in roughly 1 Tbsp. amounts. Roll into balls, and roll in extra shredded coconut or hemp seeds (optional).
- Enjoy immediately, or transfer to refrigerator to enjoy later. Store in airtight container, in refrigerator for 1 week or in freezer for up to 2 months.