Who else loves muffins with berries on spring mornings? Nothing screams spring to me like a vibrant muffin next to a big green smoothie. I whipped these lemon blueberry muffins up this week and haven’t been able to get enough of them.
I’ve posted quite a few gluten free muffin recipes on the blog and honestly, I really do love them all. This recipe definitely distinguishes itself because it has the cakey texture of a regular (non-gf) muffin. Its sweet flavor and fluffy texture is so delicious that you’d never know these muffins are gluten free and healthy!
My lemon blueberry muffins are super high in protein—which most muffins lack. This will keep you full of energy throughout the day and won’t send your blood sugar through the roof. It is naturally sweetened with honey and is made gluten free (and nut free!) with coconut flour.
I am so excited to be sharing these lemon blueberry muffins with you all. Whip them up for your next brunch and share them with all your non-gf friends—they’ll never know. As always, if you try this recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag me in it on Instagram @thelocalsprout. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
These easy, protein rich, and naturally sweetened muffins are perfect for your next brunch. With less than a dozen ingredients, you can have these gluten-free muffins on your table in no time!
Author: The Local Sprout
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Serves: 12 muffins
- 6 organic eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh if possible
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder and salt. Once completely combined, gently stir in the blueberries.
- Fill the each muffin cup about ¾ full of batter. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Let rest in muffin tins for about 10 minutes then carefully remove and let cool on cooking rack until ready to serve.