Have you ever wanted to eat spoonfuls of guacamole straight out of the bowl? Yah, me too.
I love avocado, black beans, colorful veggies, spicy flavors and basically all things Mexican. This cool, crunchy, and vibrant salad satisfies my love for Mexican guac—disguised as a real meal.
You guessed it—friends, today we are making guacamole salad!
My guacamole salad is consists of juicy tomatoes, crunchy peppers, hearty black beans, flavorful onion, and spicy jalapeño all tossed in a tangy lime dressing. Mix all that with perfectly ripe avocado and you’ve got an incredibly flavorful salad ready to go! With the flavors of guacamole and the heartiness of taco filling, this salad is sure to satisfy everyone!
This easy recipe is the perfect side to a week-night dinner, appetizer for your next party, or bowl to bring to a picnic. I love dipping my favorite chips in it or serving it with cornbread muffins or summer corn chowder.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! It is:
and easy to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado sliced into small cubes.
- roughly chopped cilantro optional
- In a large bowl, toss the tomato, red pepper, beans, onion, and jalapeño pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Pour into large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Gently stir in the avocado and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with optional cilantro
- Leftovers will keep refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days though best enjoyed fresh.