Ever planned a dinner and realized it needed a veg on the side?
Yep. I’ve been there.
My go-to is always roasted cauliflower. The flavor is so neutral that is compliments practically anything + who doesn’t love a good roasted cauliflower?
This recipe takes my favorite side dish up a notch, adds a little color + still keeps everything incredibly simple.
Let’s make some Golden Roasted Cauliflower!
This recipe starts with a big head of cauliflower, some olive oil, and a few of my favorite spices. If you haven’t guessed yet, that amazing golden color comes from turmeric. This spices adds an earthy, and subtly sweet flavor—which pairs great with spicy cayenne pepper + black pepper.
The cauliflower is roasted to perfection and ready in almost no time to be served with your favorite entree—casual or fancy!
I hope you love this easy side dish as much as we do! My Golden Roasted Cauliflower is:
Crispy on the Outside
Soft on the Inside
Vibrant in Color
Earthy + Spicy
& Incredibly simple to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch pinch black pepper
- fresh or dried cilantro (optional—for serving)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets with all ingredients. Toss until spices are evenly distributed and florets are well coated.
- Spread florets evenly across lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until deep golden, with crisp, brown edges.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entree, sprinkled with cilantro (optional). Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days.