September is here! Raise your hand if you love fall and all the cozy fall food.
Fall to me is apples, pumpkin spice and lots of warm, homemade muffins. As the warm weather dwindles down I have been savoring the last of my summer veggies—including bags of zucchini from my parents’s garden.
If you love a good, classic zucchini bread, you are going to love these delicious, perfectly moist, gluten free, spiced muffins.
Let’s make gluten free zucchini bread muffins!
These muffins are so simple to make and you won’t create a huge mess in your kitchen whipping them up either! The zucchini makes the muffins moist, the banana makes them soft, the coconut sugar add a natural sweetness, and the oats add a firm texture.
My gf zucchini bread muffins would taste great paired with a smoothie for breakfast or brunch. They are also the perfect snack for your next weekend game night.
I hope you love these zucchini bread muffins as much as I do! They are:
& so easy to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, shredded
- 2 bananas, broken into chunks
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or sub cane sugar)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup oat flour (ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters)*
- 1 cup rolled oats (ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease or line two muffin trays. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded zucchini, banana, eggs, coconut oil, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix and mash until banana is creamy and well disbursed through the batter.
- Stir in the oat flour and oats until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter. Muffins will not expand much so you can fill to the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your muffins) or until browned and a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let muffins rest in tray for 5 minutes, remove and place on rack to cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm. Muffins will keep for 3 days in airtight container on counter or in refrigerator for 1 week.
- Nutrition information is for 1 of 24 small muffins.
Nutrition information is for 1 of 24 small muffins