Friends, the day is finally here—and this easy gluten free pizza crust is hitting the blog!
We’re talking a great-tasting, firm-textured and just a little crispy pizza crust. The ingredients are basic + it pairs perfectly with literally anything.
Break out the the pizza pan, chop your favorite veggies, and get the oven toasty.
Today we’re making Gluten Free Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust!
The base of this crust is chickpea flour—which is so versatile, packed with protein, and keeps the dough fluffy. Arrowroot powder gives the crust those swoon-worthy crisp edges. Olive oil keeps the dough moist. And finally, garlic and oregano make this recipe extra flavorful.
To top it all off, this gluten free crust is also grain free! Made with chickpea flour, it is lower carb and loaded with protein. For everyone trying to eat healthier this year, this take on everyones favorite dinner is a perfect choice.
I hope my Gluten Free Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust hits your table this week! It is:
Soft on the inside + Crispy on the outside
Healthy + Protein-Packed
& ready for your next pizza night!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
If you love this healthy take on a classic dinner recipe, you might also enjoy my gluten free eggplant parmesan, smoky sun-dried tomato pasta, vegan mac and cheese or my vegan butternut squash risotto.
Gluten Free Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust
- easy marinara sauce cheese, sautéed or roasted veggies, chopped greens, fresh or died herbs, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a round pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, arrowroot powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the olive oil and water. Mix until well combined. You should have a sticky mixture (not a traditional, rollable pizza dough)—see picture for reference.
- Using a rubber spatula, drop your dough into the center of your prepared pizza pan. Gently spread it out into a thin, 1/4 inch thick circle—see picture again for reference. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Remove baked crust from pan and top with your favorite toppings. Place back in oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until toppings are hot and cooked to perfection.
- Serve warm. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days, though best enjoyed fresh.