I have always a slight obsession with French culture & food (we’re talking art, history, wine & macaroons). Then I went to France, experienced all the things, ate all the food, and came home wanting more.
Thus began my quest to create the perfect omelet and… flip the perfect crepe. And on top of that, flip the perfect gluten free buckwheat crepes.
Alas, after much trial and error I present to you the best gluten free crepe recipe made with buckwheat flour in a blender, with only 7 ingredients and comes together under 30 minutes.
Let’s make gluten free buckwheat crepes!
These crepes are:
Pack my buckwheat crepes with your favorite yogurt (I suggest my coconut yogurt), nut butter, fresh fruit, or (if you’re feeling extra decadent) ice cream!
Serve these at your next brunch and wow your friends– they’ll never know a) that these pancakes were incredibly easy to make and b) that they are gluten free!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Gluten Free Buckwheat Crepes
- In a high-speed blender, combine buckwheat groats, milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt until creamy.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in pan and spread evenly with spatula.
- Drop 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan and spread thinly into a circle with a rubber spatula.
- Let crepe cook for about 30 seconds or until slightly brown and bubbly.
- Flip and let crepe cook on second side for about 20 seconds.
- Store crepes of oven-safe tray in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve warm, stuffed with optional toppings. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.