I believe there will never be too many banana bread recipes.
My personal favorite combo changes from time to time, but over the summer, this recipe has been baking in my kitchen on repeat.
A few things I especially love about this gluten free blueberry banana bread:
This recipe has no added sugar! It is naturally sweetened with banana and juicy blueberries. If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast or snack, a big slice of this banana bread is the perfect solution.
Second, lately I’ve been loving experimenting with cassava flour in my baking. It creates a light texture and earthy flavor, is gluten and nut free—and is delicious in this recipe!
Finally, feel free to customize this recipe! This banana bread is ready for you to add your favorite chopped nuts, swap in a different berry, or toss in a handful of chocolate chips. You won’t go wrong!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread
- 3 overripe medium bananas the riper, the better
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk again and set aside.
- Whisk cassava flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top and bake for 45 mins - 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let bread rest in pan for 10 minutes then transfer bread to rack to cool for at least 30 minutes (if you can resist) Slice and enjoy!
I have not tested this recipe with any other brands’ cassava flour or tried substituting different flours so I cannot guarantee results. If you try something different, be sure to comment below and let me know how it works! Nutrition information is a rough estimate of 1/12th of the entire recipe.
The Local Sprout