Some mornings call for something a little extra—especially over the holidays.
We love all things apple and cinnamon over here, and can always count on guests enjoying a little apple cinnamon treat at brunch.
Baking is therapeutic to me and these delicious muffins have become a favorite treat to start the morning with. They are easy to make, gluten free, dairy free, and are ready to enjoy in only 30 minutes!
Treat yourself this holiday season with my new Gluten Free Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble!
If I don’t already love a good apple cinnamon muffin enough, give me one with a crumble top and you’ve just won my heart. These gluten free apple muffins are perfectly moist. Paired with a dry, sweet, and nutty crumble top, they taste like apple pie in the form of breakfast.
In these muffins I used my favorite gluten free flour blend from Outrageous Baking. I am a skeptic when it comes to gluten free flour blends, but this company never lets me down when I am in need of the perfect gluten free baking flour. Outrageous Baking is also located in Boulder, CO—and you all know how much I love supporting local businesses. Order yourself a bag of this blend—it is sure not to disappoint.
My muffins are naturally sweetened and loaded with healthy fats to keep you going throughout your day. Serve these with your next holiday brunch and you are sure to impress a crowd.
I hope you love these gluten free apple muffins with cinnamon crumble much as I do. This recipe is:
& extra festive
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- ½ cup nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ cup plain, plant-based yogurt*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend**
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small apple, diced into very small pieces (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease or line your muffin tins.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, yogurt, vanilla and egg for the muffins. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients over wet mixture and stir until smooth. Gently fold in the apples and let rest while you make the crumble topping.
- In a small bowl, stir the crumble ingredients together until well a sticky mixture forms.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full of the batter and sprinkle generously with the topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes, remove from tins and enjoy warm. Leftovers will keep in airtight container for up to 3 days on counter or refrigerated for up to 5 days.