Saturday mornings are pancakes mornings. After a busy week, it is therapeutic to start the morning off flipping pancakes and sipping dark coffee.
This recipe came into my life after I discovered how to make coconut yogurt. I had an abundance in my refrigerator and wanted to try it in a recipe rather than on a recipe (like my crepes). Thus these incredibly creamy, slightly tangy, and perfectly fluffy pancakes came to be.
If you’re into #saturdaymorningpancakes like I am, give this incredibly simple, 20 minute, gluten free and vegan recipe a try!
Let’s make Fluffy Coconut Yogurt Pancakes!
This recipe starts off with some basic ingredients. Oat flour makes the base fluffy (and naturally gf!), plant based milk makes it creamy, maple syrup makes it naturally sweet, and vanilla adds a touch of extra flavor. Throw in a few more ingredients and finally we add the heaping 1/2 cup of coconut yogurt. This ingredient adds a slight tang, healthy fat, and a creaminess that cannot be beat!
I love topping these pancakes with fresh berries, sliced bananas and a little extra syrup—though you can top with with whatever fresh fruit and natural sweetener you have on hand!
I hope you love these pancakes as much as I do! They are:
and so quick to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Fluffy Coconut Yogurt Pancakes
- 3/4 cup oat flour ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt homemade or store-bought
- coconut oil for greasing
- sliced bananas
- fresh berries
- shredded coconut
- maple syrup or honey
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut yogurt. Stir until well combined. Let mixture rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Using about 2 Tbsp. measurements, drop batter onto pan and spread gently to create circles.
- Cook pancakes for about a minute on each side. Transfer to oven-safe rack in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with optional toppings.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days though best served immediately.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of 1/2 the recipe without toppings.