If you’ve ever spent a morning with me, chances are, I had a batch of mini muffins or breakfast cookies ready to munch on.
Whether I’m running out there door or simply having a friend over for coffee, it feels good to have a simple, delicious breakfast on hand.
Now I’ve shared lots of “healthier” breakfast treats on the blog, but today we are taking it a step further and making cookies with no sugar! They are creamy, earthy, + sweetened naturally with real fruit.
Preheat your oven + break out the cookie sheet. Today we are making gluten free Fig + Blueberry Breakfast Cookies!
The base of these healthy breakfast cookies is almond butter, coconut flour and eggs. I love getting in a solid dose of protein + healthy fats first thing in the morning. These ingredients keep me satiated through the entire morning + are a great post-workout snack or breakfast.
These cookies, made without any grain, are gluten free and also dairy free. You would never know though. My fig + blueberry cookies have a soft, sticky texture, with pops with blueberries—the ideal breakfast cookie combo.
Make these cookies in advance, share them with friends, + use them as a grab-and-go breakfast during the week ahead!
I hope you enjoy these Fig + Blueberry Breakfast Cookies with your morning coffee this week! They are:
Simple to make
Crunchy + Creamy
Loaded with Protein
& SO Delicious!
If you love these healthy breakfast cookies, you will also enjoy my avocado matcha muffins, banana bread mug muffin, blackberry breakfast cookies, gluten free zucchini bread muffins, or my mountain granola bars.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 7 dried, unsweetened figs, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. almond milk + extra if needed
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
- ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the almond butter, coconut flour, flaxseed, figs, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, eggs, vanilla and almond milk. Blend until mixture is smooth, adding extra almond milk if needed
- Add the shredded coconut and pulse until it is evenly incorporated—do not overtax.
- Remove blade from food processor and gently stir in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Using a large spoon, drop even balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Press each ball with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm and golden. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes and transfer to clean surface to cool before enjoying.
- Leftovers will keep on counter in airtight container for up to 3 days or refrigerated in airtight container for up to 6 days.