If you’ve ever visited my house, chances are, I’ve offered you a big slice of banana bread — not because I knew you were coming, but because I am obsessed and ALWAYS have a loaf in the house.
My loaf was taken to the NEXT LEVAL this week when I whipped up this delicious recipe, with nothing less than creamy seed butter and chocolate. Meet my latest obsession: Dark Chocolate Banana Bread!Jump to Recipe
The 1-bowl recipe starts with a flax egg, seed butter, and mashed ripe banana — 3 of them actually!
Because we’re using ripe bananas (and chocolate), the banana bread is made with no added sweeteners! Those bananas, combined with nut milk, keep the bread moist, and the oat flour keeps this recipe gluten free and SUPER SOFT!
After 45 minutes in the oven, your kitchen will smell absolutely dreamy and you’ll have the ultimate banana bread ready to dive into. Then, when you finally slice your loaf, you’ll find pieces of melted dark chocolate — seriously. What more could you want?
I know you are going to LOVE this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread! It is:
Dreamy & soft
& SO delicious!
This banana bread would make the perfect on-the-go breakfast, sweet snack, and healthy afternoon treat. Enjoy as is, or smother it with extra seed or nut butter! Munch on it along with my coconut yogurt, strawberry coconut shake, or my sweet potato-almond butter smoothie, for the ultimate breakfast!
If you’re a banana bread lover like I am, try my gluten free blueberry banana bread, banana bread mug muffin, peanut butter banana bread, or my banana and peanut butter bars.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Comment below, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thelocalsprout! Have a good one, friends!
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 flax egg* (sub regular egg if not vegan)
- ½ cup seed butter (or sub nut butter)
- 3 ripe medium-sized bananas mashed
- ⅔ cup dairy-free milk unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup dairy-free dark chocolate roughly chopped (sub chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a regular-sized bread pan, or two mini pans with parchment paper, or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, combine the flax egg, bananas, seed butter, milk, and vanilla. Mix until mostly smooth.
- Add the oat flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Still again. Gently fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan(s) and smooth the top with a rubber spatula or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it feels firm and is crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let the bread cool in its pan for 20 minutes before transferring to cooking rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to a month.