Chickpeas really are the bean-of-all-trades.
Their versatile texture and flavor never ceases to amaze me. I’ve successfully made them into a chocolatey dip (my brownie batter hummus), a great sandwich filling (my chickpea salad sandwich), and a simple salad protein (in my summer panzanella salad).
Today I present to you a new way to enjoy those chickpeas. This crispy, flavorful recipe can be enjoyed as a snack or simple salad topper. It is simple to whip up and contains only 6 ingredients!
Let’s make some crispy curried chickpeas!
I fell in love with baked chickpeas a few summers ago when I was doing a lot of hiking. I loved carrying a bag full of them around as a simple snack—as an alternative to all the trail mix, granola bars, and nut-butter energy bites that I was eating. It was good to have something savory mixed in.
My crispy chickpeas have transformed into a kitchen staple. They now top many a salad, get mixed into all the buddha bowls, and are always around for a quick afternoon snack when I get home from work.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! These chickpeas are:
& so delicious!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Crispy Curried Chickpeas
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or sub coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set out a clean dishtowel on countertop.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Gently peel the skins off the chickpeas.* Discard the skin and let rest of dishtowel to dry completely.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the chickpeas with oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chickpeas are golden and starting to brown, tossing halfway through to ensure evenness.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately toss chickpeas with the curry, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or store in airtight container until ready to eat. Chickpeas will keep for up to 5 days in refrigerator and 2 days on counter.