Say hello to your new go-to, measurement-free & mess-free breakfast.
A few days ago I shared my 7-minute sweet potato bowl—the first recipe in my mini “travel food” series. Today I am sharing another quick and easy recipe that you can make at almost any hotel or airbnb.
This recipe contains only 3 simple ingredients (or a few more if you want), 3 minutes, and no measuring cups or spoons!
Lets make some creamy microwave oatmeal!
This simple recipe for creamy microwave oatmeal has become a staple for all my airbnb breakfasts while traveling. I can always count on the local Whole Foods to carry a bag of gluten free oats, natural peanut butter, and a few ripe bananas.
If you’ve never grocery-shopped on vacation, give it a try—it will save you so much money and stress when you’re constantly looking for a place to eat!
Most hotels and airbnbs have a microwave, a cup, and a spoon (if you’re lacking in the second two, hit up the storage container section of the store—you’ll find a set of utensils and something microwave safe too cook your food in.)
These creamy microwave oats of loaded with fiber, healthy fats, and protein to keep you going through all your busy days!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- ⅔ cup rolled oats*(certified gluten free for gf eaters)
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced or broken into chunks
- 1 tbsp natural, unsweetened peanut butter*
- nuts or seeds
- In a microwave safe bowl or large mug, combine ⅔ cup of rolled oats, ⅔ cup of water, and ½ of the banana slices.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir well and return to microwave for another 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until oats are fluffy and the water is soaked up.
- Top with remaining banana, peanut butter and any other optional toppings. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of entire recipe without toppings.