When I took a big spoonful of this smoothie, I could hardly believe that it was really healthy. If you’re into all things chocolaty, thick, and creamy, this bowl is for you. It has become a favorite of mine and I am so excited to be sharing it with you all.
The inspiration to create this smoothie bowl came from an avocado-based chocolate mouse that I had at a vegan restaurant a few weeks ago. While I had been skeptical of the avocado in a dessert, I was amazed by how thick and creamy it was. Thus, motivation came to create a healthy version or this dessert with more ingredients to make up a huge, frozen bowl.
The ingredients in this smoothie really make the texture perfect. Japanese yams are naturally dry and starchy, bananas are naturally sweet, cauliflower is a great thickener, and avocado is creamy. Friends, this smoothie might sound like a lot of effort, but I promise it is 100% worth it.
Give this smoothie bowl a try. Treat Yo Self. Be sure to take a picture of your bowl, post it on Instagram and tag @thelocalsprout so I can see all your creations! Enjoy!
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 japanese yam, steamed and frozen
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, frozen
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I used [url href=”http://malkorganics.com/products/” rel=”nofollow”]cashew milk[/url])
- 1 Tbsp. [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/cacao-powder” rel=”nofollow”]cacao powder[/url]*
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/chia-seeds” rel=”nofollow”]chia seed[/url], [url href=”https://manitobaharvest.com/products/organic-hemp-hearts/” rel=”nofollow”]hemp seed[/url], [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/cacao-nibs” rel=”nofollow”]cacao nibs[/url], [url href=”https://thelocalsprout.com/creamy-coconut-yogurt/” rel=”nofollow”]coconut yogurt[/url], chopped nuts or seeds of choice
- Place all ingredients in blender*. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping the edges halfway through to ensure evenness.
- Pour into cup, sprinkle with toppings if desired and serve immediately.