Do any of you have a special Friday ritual—a “treat-yo-self” (Parks & Rec anyone?) that you partake in on a weekly basis?
I look forward to Fridays for many reasons, but one of them is simply that I get to start off my morning with these super creamy, chocolaty, and naturally sweetened parfaits—with a “secret ingredient”.
Let’s make chocolate avocado overnight oat parfaits!*
Avocado in oats—you may ask—is not as weird as it sounds. It has become socially acceptable to add avo to smoothies and pair it with chocolate desserts, so why not mix it into chocolate oatmeal with some creamy coconut yogurt?
The avocado in this recipe makes it extra creamy, adds some healthy fat, and gets some great nutrients in first thing in the morning. Do it. Add the avocado. You will not regret it.
If you don’t have a weekly Friday ritual, consider making these chocolate avocado overnight oat parfaits yours.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. My chocolate avocado overnight oat parfaits are:
& so simple to make!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- ½ cup rolled oats (ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters)
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 1½ Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (or sub cocoa powder)**
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- Add all ingredients except the coconut yogurt in a quart-sized mason jar. Mix and mash (a fork works well to mash the banana and avocado).
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- When ready to eat, divide the yogurt between two bowls or jars. Layer with the overnight oat mixture and optional toppings.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers will last refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 2 days.