Cauliflower is about to be taken to a new level today and I’ll stay on the band wagon because this recipe is seriously delish.
It all started when Trader Joe’s released their frozen cauliflower gnocchi. And proceeded to sell out of it in their stores because it was so popular.
Naturally, I had to give this product a try.
Friends, this is the real deal. Crispy gnocchi served with a new, creamy pesto—what is not to love?
Say hello to the best Cauliflower Gnocchi with Creamy Cashew Pesto!
First off, this recipe can be made with your favorite gnocchi, I just happen to be a fan of this trendy cauliflower stuff. Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi is gluten free, grain free, and made with only 5 simple ingredients—primarily cauliflower and cassava flour. When cooked the way I outline in this recipe, the texture is slightly sticky with a crisp outside—just like regular gnocchi.
Second, my creamy cashew pesto is the perfect pair for the gnocchi. It is extra creamy—from the cashews and a big scoop of coconut yogurt (yes—yogurt!), garlicky, and extra green—from all the basil. Store any leftovers for an easy topping for your pasta!
I hope you give this creative twist on gnocchi a try! My Cauliflower Gnocchi with Creamy Cashew Pesto is:
Earthy + Vibrant
Crispy + Creamy
Healthy + Hearty
Full of Flavor
& Seriously Delish!
If you love this healthy + hearty dish, you might also like my smoky sun-dried tomato pasta, gluten free chickpea flour pizza, butter bean stew with cauliflower steaks, or my sweet potato noodles with creamy cashew sauce.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 2 cup fresh basil, packed
- 3 Tbsp. plain coconut yogurt (store bought or homeade. Sub greek yogurt for non-vegan version)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 4 Tbsp. raw cashews
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bag cauliflower gnocchi, frozen
- pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor*. Blend on high until creamy, scraping sides as needed to ensure evenness.
- Scoop pesto into a small bowl and set aside.
- For the gnocchi, heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet**. Once hot, dump in the bag of frozen gnocchi.
- Sauté for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Pour in 1 Tbsp. of water, cover skillet, and steam for 3 minutes. Remove cover and toss until gnocchi are golden and crispy.
- Serve hot gnocchi with pesto on the side.
- Store leftover pesto refrigerated in small, airtight container for up to a week. Store leftover gnocchi refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days though best enjoyed fresh.
**I highly reccomend sticking to the nonstick skillet for this recipe as the gnocchi is quite sticky. Choose one that is BPA free.
***Do not follow the directions for cooking the gnocchi on the back of the TJ’s bag—they will turn out super mushy.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate of ½ of the entire recipe.