This brownie batter hummus is like nothing you have ever had before and, though it may sound strange at first, be prepared to be 100% addicted after your first bite. I have been raving about this sweet dip for so long that I can hardly believe it has taken me this long to share it. This sweet and chocolaty hummus is the perfect addition to any summer party. It pairs perfectly with fruit and crackers… and no one will ever know that it is secretly healthy. Let’s make some amazing brownie batter hummus!
Lets talk hummus. Whoever said chickpeas should only be in savory dishes was wrong. The chickpeas in this chocolaty dip make it thick and creamy. When mixed with cacao, cashew butter, dates and honey, the chickpea’s already bland flavor is virtually undetectable. My brownie batter hummus really does taste like edible brownie batter and honestly, who can resist that?
Chop up your favorite fruit, break open the bag of your favorite crackers. You’re going to love having this amazing brownie batter hummus on your table this summer!
Brownie Batter Hummus
This amazing brownie batter hummus is the perfect dip to have on your table this summer for all your parties! It comes together easily in a blender or food processor and requires less than a dozen ingredients.
Author: The Local Sprout
Recipe type: Snack, Side, Dessert
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan
Serves: 16 ounces
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cacao powder (or sub cocoa powder)*
- ⅓ cup cashew butter, natural & unsalted (or sub other nut butter)
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or sub other natural sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. plant-based milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs (optional—or sub chocolate chips)
- In a food processor or blender combine chickpeas, cacao powder, cashew butter, dates, honey, milk, vanilla and salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a medium-sized serving bowl and sprinkle with cacao nibs if desired. Serve with fruit, zucchini (think chocolate zucchini bread), pretzels or crackers.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
*Read my article on cacao vrs cocoa