I’m going to be honest, I have an obsession with blue smoothie bowls.
Its some combination of the dreamy color, the creaminess of the bowl, and the mystery behind the flavor. Anyone else totally buying into this craze?
Blue spiralina—the ingredient that gives our insta-worthy bowls that incredible color, is actually an awesome ingredient! Spirulina is extremely high in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals—making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on earth.
Pair the beautiful blue spirulina with naturally sweet banana, fuel-packed sweet potato, and add a splash of vanilla for extra flavor!
Here are a few things I love about this recipe:
First, my blue vanilla smoothie bowl is packed with nutrients—from potassium-rich banana, to the incredible blue spirulina, to simple, yet vitamin-rich cauliflower. Second, this bowl is simple + ready for your creative touch—so experiment with new add-ins and toppings! Finally, the recipe is super basic! With only 7 ingredients used in the base of this bowl, it is fast to whip up and you won’t have a big mess in your kitchen after doing so!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Blue Vanilla Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie:
- 1/3 ripe banana frozen
- 1/2 cup white sweet potato cooked, cubed, and frozen
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used almond milk
- 1/2 tsp blue spirulina powder
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- big pinch pink sea salt
- optional add-ins: maca powder lucuma powder, flax meal
For topping (optional):
- fresh or frozen berries toasted coconut, granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds, nut butter
- In a blender combine all smoothie ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, thick, and creamy, scraping sides of blender, using tamper, and adding more milk if needed.
- Scoop smoothie into bowl. Top with optional toppings and enjoy immediately