Some weeks I live, what I like to call, “the bar life”. And by “bar” I mean, healthy oatmeal and nut-butter bars, sliced and ready for the road.
Healthy breakfasts and snacks can be tough to put together when we have a million other things spend our time doing—and that is why I am sharing these bars with you all—because I know how crazy days go.
These bars are my favorite—they’re naturally sweet, are super easy to make, and have only 7 simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Today I present to you the perfect on-the-go breakfast: my banana + peanut butter bars!
The base of these bars starts with two big bananas—which creates a naturally sweet and creamy texture for the bars. Make sure those bananas are super ripe—they will be easier to mash and even sweeter! Next we add some hearty oats, fruits dried berries, peanut butter for extra protein, and honey for end extra dose of sweetness.
I love keeping a little container of these bars on my kitchen counter—ready for an early morning breakfast or an after-work snack. These bars also make a great addition to a coffee date with friends. Bring a little bag of these and everyone will love having something sweet with their bitter espresso.
I hope these Banana + Peanut Butter Bars come in clutch for you on those busy days! They are:
Soft + Crunchy
Packed with Protein
Nutty + Fruity
& So Easy-to-make!
If you love this easy breakfast recipe, try my instant museli, my go-to avocado toast, zucchini bread overnight oats, kale + oat superfood bars, or my banana bread mug muffins.
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Banana + Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters
- 1/3 cup dried berries or raisins I used dried blueberries
- 1/8 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line an 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly with rubber spatula.
- Bake bars for 10-15 minutes, or until center is firm and edges are deep golden.
- Let rest in pan for 5 minutes, slice, and enjoy.
- Leftovers will keep in airtight container on counter for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for a week.