It is the first day of my 5-days-of overnight oats and today I am sharing Banana Bread Overnight Oats! I have received so many questions on how to make overnight oats and what I put in mine. Thus, I figured 5 days in a row with new overnight oats recipes would provide you all with adequate inspiration to make more of your own. Welcome to day 1 where we will be making Banana Bread Overnight Oats!
This recipe was my “gateway-drug” to overnight oat making and I’m fairly certain it could become yours as well. I made this recipe almost every night before bed during the first semester of my senior year in college. During this time, I had an internship in the city that I had to be at early in the morning so I had very little time to mess around with breakfast. I was dirt poor, which meant fancy granola bars or gf breakfast sandwiches were out of the question. It was me and my cheep oatmeal, 17-cent Aldi bananas and a big jar of peanut butter. I ate these oats out of my mason jar on my commute to work every morning and looking back, they never got old.
My Banana Bread Overnight Oats are like cozy banana bread in a jar—and who doest like the sound of that? If you’re looking to change up your breakfast routine, save time in the morning, or just indulge in a delicious breakfast, this recipe is for you! As always, if you try these overnight oats, be sure to take a picture and tag me in it on Instagram @thelocalsprout. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1/2 cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Gluten-Fashion/dp/B002T1IDYI/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523923260&sr=8-10&keywords=bobs%2Bred%2Bmill%2Boatmeal&th=1″ rel=”nofollow”]rolled oats[/url](ensure gf for gluten-free eaters)
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I use [url href=”http://malkorganics.com/products/” rel=”nofollow”]almond milk[/url]
- 1 Tbsp. natural nut butter (I like [url href=”https://wildfriendsfoods.com/collections/all/products/classic-creamy-almond-butter” rel=”nofollow”]almond butter[/url]—though peanut butter works great too)
- 1 tsp [url href=”https://vivanaturals.com/organic-foods/chia-seeds”]chia seeds[/url]
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey (or other natural sweetener – optional)
- [url href=”https://www.vitalproteins.com/collections/all-products/products/collagen-peptides” rel=”nofollow”]collagen peptides[/url]*, riced cauliflower**
- Mix and mash all ingredients in a quart-sized mason jar (a fork works well to mash the banana and combine the sticky almond butter). Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Enjoy warm (microwaved for 1-2 minutes) or cold—I enjoy these overnight oats warm and toasty in the winter, love them cold in the summer!
The Local Sprout – Banana Bread Overnight Oats