Friends, today I present to you the easiest muffin recipe you will ever find.
Think INSTANT GRATIFICATION (or 5-minute gratification).Some days you just crave a big, sweet, cozy muffin. If you live by yourself (aka don’t want to make a big batch), are short on time, or are sick of the same old breakfasts, this recipe is for you!
Let’s make a banana bread mug muffin!
I discovered mug muffins when I first started eating gluten free. While my friends snacked on gluten-filled bagels, I whipped up my trusty mug muffin and slathered on the nut butter. The aroma of banana bread coming from the microwave and the sight of a moist muffin topped with creamy nut butter soon had my friends ditching the bagels though.
This muffin is incredibly soft (from the oat flour), creamy (from the banana), perfectly spiced (from the cinnamon), fluffy (from the egg) and protein-packed (from the nut butter). With only 7 simple ingredients and 5 minutes you can be diving into this mug muffin in no time!
Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and say hello to the amazing mug muffin!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! It is:
& instantly gratifying
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Banana Bread Mug Muffin
- 3 tbsp oat flour ensure certified gf for gluten free eaters
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp nut butter + extra for topping optional
- In a large mug, combine all ingredients and mix well with a fork, making sure ingredients at bottom of mug are combined and no clumps remain.*
- Microwave for 2-4 minutes (this will depend on your microwave’s strength—just keep an eye on it) or until the banana bread if fluffy and firm.
- Carefully remove from microwave. Top with extra nut butter if desired.
- Enjoy immediately, using fork or spoon to scoop out the muffin.