Who else loves a classic banana-blueberry muffin? I whipped these muffins up this past weekend and we’ve been enjoying them as an easy breakfast this week. Muffin recipes are probably my favorite recipes to share and this one is no exception. Plan ahead for your week and give these banana-blueberry muffins a try—you can thank me later.
These banana-blueberry muffin are soft, naturally sweetened, and so easy to make. If you have a couple ripe bananas laying around, a food processor, and a few minutes to prep, this recipe is for you!
Everyone is always looking for a way to step up their breakfast game and these banana-blueberry muffins will do just that for you. Also, if you’re planning a brunch in the near future, make these. My muffins are gluten free and dairy free—which make them a safe baked good (which everyone loves) for a big group of individuals without worry of allergens.
I am so excited for you all to try these muffins. I believe that everyone needs a good banana-blueberry muffin up their sleeve and this recipe can certainly be yours. If you try these, be sure to take a picture and tag me in it on instagram @thelocalsprout. I can’t wait to see your pictures. Happy muffin making!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- Place oats, walnuts and flaxseed in a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until the mixture resembles a flour. Add cinnamon, baking powder, honey, water, and bananas. Blend for another couple minutes and blend until smooth.
- Transfer batter to large mixing bowl and gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour combine mixture into muffin tray* and bake for 40 minutes or until firm and toothpick can be pricked and come out clean.
- Let rest in pan for 15 minutes then remove and allow to cool on cooling rack. Enjoy immediately. Muffins will last in sealed container on counter for 3 days or in refrigerator for up to a week.