Merry Christmas friends!
I hope your day was full of wonderful time with family, holiday traditions, and lots of delicious treats!
Speaking of treats, Christmas just couldn’t go by without us whipping up a couple of our favorite cookies. As we were dunking these particular minty treats, I realized that I hadn’t shared this on the blog yet… so here we go.
If you’re a fan of all things mint-chocolate, simple, and sweet, you will love this recipe. Think homemade York candies. Yes. This is the real deal.
Let’s make some 6-Ingredient Peppermint Patties!
Nothing reminds me of Christmas more than the combo of chocolate and mint. So this easy recipe really brings out all the nostalgia. Plus, it is so fun to share at a cookie exchange—because who doesn’t love the surprise of a homemade peppermint pattie?!
On top of all the fun, this recipe requires only 6 simple ingredients + a little chocolate-dunking skills. It is gluten free, dairy free, and nut free—making it the perfect treat to share with all your friends!
I hope these 6-Ingredient Peppermint Patties satisfy your sweet tooth as we head into the New Year! They are:
Minty + Chocolate-y
Simple to make
Rich + Creamy
& full of Nostalgia
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
6-Ingredient Peppermint Patties
- In a food processor or blender, combine coconut, coconut oil, honey, and peppermint extract.
- Blend on high until a (mostly) smooth, doughy texture forms. You will need to scrap the sides + bottom frequently to achieve the desired consistency—but stick with it, the soft filling will take form.
- Line a pan or large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a Tbsp. measuring spoon, scoop out dough and roll into small balls, gently squeezing to make firm. Flatten to a pattie shape and set on parchment-lined pan. Repeat until dough is used up—you should have about 12 patties.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Chill for 10 minutes, or until patties are firm and stiff.
- While patties freeze, prepare your chocolate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 15. The chocolate should be smooth and relatively thin.
- Line a second pan or large plate with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, dunk each pattie into the chocolate. Gently turn to coat, remove from bowl, and set gently on lined pan or plate. Repeat with remains patties.
- Freeze completed patties for 20 minutes, or until chocolate is stiff.
- Enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored in airtight container at room temperature, though are better refrigerated or kept in freezer.
The Local Sprout