Mango Energy Bites
As always, if you try this recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag me in it on Instagram @thelocalsprout. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dried unsweetened mango
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut + extra for rolling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts across a large baking sheet and toast until golden—about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cover the dried mango with warm water (this is really important, so don’t skip this step). Let the mango soak for 5 minutes (or until soft) Once soaked, spread the slices across a towel and pat dry.
- In a food processor, blend toasted cashews on high until a fine flour forms. Add dates, mango, hemp seeds and coconut. Blend until a thick dough forms, scraping the sides as needed. Add extra coconut if the dough is too wet or more dates if the dough is too dry.
- Form dough into small balls and roll in extra shredded coconut if desired.
- Store energy bites at room temperate for up to a week, in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to a month