I’ve eaten a lot of good hummus in my day, but nothing will ever compare to a fresh batch of homemade hummus—in my opinion.
Hummus is such a simple, nutritious and reliable snack. I pair it with all my veggies, pack it in my lunch, and share it at every party.
This recipe has become a staple for me. Not only is it incredibly quick and easy to make, it is also packed with flavor.
Say hello to your new go-to hummus recipe, an easy side for your next party or a yummy dip for your lunch, this recipe is for you!
Let’s make Easy Garlic & Onion Hummus!
I started making hummus with this method in college when I was short on time and didn’t have much fancy cooking equipment on hand. Microwaving hummus with garlic creates a perfectly garlic-infused base with very little effort.
While your chickpeas and garlic microwaves, throw the rest of the hummus ingredients in a blender and perp your garlic & onion toppings. Blend, sauté, and enjoy! That is it.
Serve my Easy Garlic & Onion Hummus at your next party. For all your friends and family with different eating preferences, this recipe is perfect. Serve it with an abundance of fresh veggies and you’ll have the best gluten free, vegan, and nut free starter!
With only 8 ingredients and 8 minutes, you can have this hummus on your table in no time!
If you try this recipe, be sure to comment, leave a rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thelocalsprout on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- Empty entire can of chickpeas, including liquid into microwave safe bowl.
- Throw in the 3 whole garlic cloves and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add to blender or food processor along with the tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping sides with rubber spatula as needed.
- Empty all contents to serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Throw in the remaining 2 diced garlic cloves and sliced red onion.
- Sauté until tender and fragrant, sprinkling with extra salt.
- Carefully transfer sautéed garlic and onions to the top of the hummus, drizzling any extra olive oil from pan into bowl as well.
- Store hummus in refrigerator until ready to serve—this will also help the hummus thicken up.
- Serve with chopped veggies, crackers or pita. Leftovers will keep up to a week refrigerated in airtight container.